Saturday, June 6, 2009

While we are in Capital Hill




It's not a secret to anyone that knows me how much I adore Capital Hill. When I moved to Seattle in 2004 I found the apartment of my dreams off of Broadway and grew out of ignorance under it's roof. I learned so many things from many people because I invited that change.
Nikki and Sara from The Vajra encouraged my passion for knowledge and healing. The Vajra is located off of Broadway East. I have had many wonderful conversations and learned a lot about essential oils and stones. Sara is a super talented henna artist with impeccable holistic knowledge. Nikki is a compassionate and positively patient woman with who gives tarot readings and is happy to share all her knowledge with you. Just ask and they can point you in the right direction; with candles, inscents, oils or stones. Have faith, don't be ashamed to ask for a little help, if there is something nagging you and you need to find a balance get a reading.
I usually hit up The Vajra after having pho at the Than Brothers which is next door. Service at the Than Bros. is swift, tasty and fulfilling. They don't play around. Walk in, take a seat and enjoy the atmosphere. You are served a yummy cream puff before you ever get to order your pho. I am not a big fan of tripe but I've had the chicken, brisket and the veggie. Have some Ginseng tea or Iced coffee. So good.
The cream puff at Than Bros. is yummy and I like to have mine after I'm all done with my noodles. I've gotta tell you though, I have a bit of a sweet tooth and that little cream puff just doesn't do it for me. Dilettante Mocha Cafe's Dark Emphemere truffle sure does! Dilettante is on the same block, just a few feet away. If I were to choose a box of truffles for you I would choose Madame X, Dark Belgian Marzipan, Kahlua Truffle, Butter Pecan Toffee Rheingold, Cointreau, Hazelnut Gianduia and a few Oregon Hazelnuts. The Mocha Cafe has delicious cakes and other treats. I love the chocolate dipped ginger biscotti but give the Tiramisu or Chocolate Mousse a try. The more you bring the merrier. It gives you the opportunity to all order something different and share :)
I'm sure it's a beautiful day out, just kidding, it's Seattle. But anyway, it could be and it is if you believe. It is Summer. After all the wonderful experiences indoors, a walk down Broadway would be nice. Head over to Volunteer Park. Volunteer Park is located on 1247 15th Ave. E. It has amazing views of the Sound, the mountains and downtown. A walk up 106 steps gets you to the top of the Water Tower observation deck to get some of these spectacular views. While you are walking these gorgeous paths, take a walk through the Conservatory and check out their collection of tropical plants. Admission is free. Volunteer Park is also the home of the Seattle Asian Art Museum. The first Thursday is free. Regular suggested admission is $7 for adults and 12 & under is free.


Wow, there you have it. One of my favorite ways to spend my afternoon.


Here is a link to get you around Seattle. Take the bus.






Time for a nap.




1 comment: