Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Starving Artist




Yeah now I definitely know what that means, a starving artist. Busy, busy, busy. Looking for a job is a job, no doubt. I've been auditioning back-up vocalists and guitarists as well. Like I said,busy. I've made new friends and my relationships are wonderful. The worst part about being jobless is no income and money can affect relationships especially when you have a debt with some one. I've kept my faith strong and I've communicated which is essential. That is all I can do. Let's not forget about praying. I'm doing that, too.



Okay, so, performances. Yes, I have some coming up. Oyo and I have decided on a name for our band. The Second Scene. In May we will be performing at the La Cantina Benefit with Veritas and a few other bands. In June we will be hosting a Dance Party for two nights at the Picking on the Hoh Festival campground where some of my favorite NW bands will be performing. High Ceiling ans Indecisive Rhythm will be there. In July we are organizing a show in Downtown Seattle and in August we will be playing with Disillusion at the Station 56 in Tacoma. We've been talking to other bands about booking show together so I am certain that we will have at least 2-3 shows a month for the Summer. This makes me happy.



Art : Vaginica by Shaun Karry



No comments:

Post a Comment