Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wookie ba Nub


Okay, the title is ridiculous but it's ridiculously funny to me and sometimes life seems to be just that. I've had the opportunity to interview with a few cafes' while being sick and doing my best to not make it obvious. Thank the Lord I haven't had a cough attack or sneezing fest while speaking with these people.To be honest, there has been no chemistry with any of the hiring managers. No personality. Okay, too harsh? Whatever. It's important to have that with people you will be working with on a daily basis.


The interview I had yesterday was a Group Interview and for some weird reason I was nervous. I realized just how much is riding on me to get a job. The pressure was intense. I know I have lots to do and hey, I am doing it, giving it my absolute and complete attention. I have to bust out a list just to keep myself in check, jeez. Today I had to cancel an interview cause I missed my bus and realized what a disaster it would be if I was ever in that situation and actually on my way to work. Ah, ridiculous!


This morning I looked into financial aid, filled out my FASFA and called a few schools in the area. I found out what I need to do in order to get registered in classes for the Summer and the Fall quarter, it requires a trip to SCCC and some money and then a trip to HCC some money and then scheduling a time to meet with an Advisor. Have you caught on, yet. Yes, I am over it. I am defiantly looking forward to acquiring skills that are in demand. Coffee is too but I want to be and educated ex-barista with an AAS or an AAA and eventually get a BA or BS. I am working on being enrolled and wow just thinking of all the fun and studying puts me at ease. That's right, something to look forward to that I worked my butt off for, right on!


I've got practice today and I'm excited to see what my band mate has been working on. He went to LA this past weekend and is mega inspired. I've been working on a few ideas myself. We will have one of my good friends coming by to see what we've been working on. Once upon a time we talked about working together so we may wind up doing that. I decided against looking for back-up singers and just focus on finding someone to work with us as a band member, a singer-songwriter. I'd like to work someone as passionate as I am, who want to be a performer and play shows. This could be sweet. lol
Photo by Veronica Silva
Follow this link to see what Wookie ba Nub is all about

2 comments:

  1. oh I like the photo
    HAil from yhe mountains ARAGĂ“N spain

    http://www.rock-brarbe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wookie ba nub in all the wrong places! ~ kitty

    ReplyDelete