Friday, May 15, 2009

The Helio Sequence- Keep Your Eyes Ahead 2008


The Pacific Northwest has some truly talented individuals rockin' out.That had a lot to do with where I wanted to live when I grew up. Hands down it had to be Seattle, Washington. I am certain I was not the only one who though the same.
Brandon Summers and Benjamin Weikel are The Helio Sequence from Beverton, Oregon, this two man group signed to Sub Pop found a special place in my heart. Now, I know I say this is my favorite song a lot, yeah, well it is, for the next five minutes like my boyfriend would say. No, seriously this album hooked me from beginning to end. Although I love all ten tracks on Keep Your Eyes Ahead. If you haven't given them a listen check out "Lately" and "Can't Say No". Check out their website because I know they are on tour with Keane, who is another favorite of mine. Don't be sorry like I was for missing out.
I would like to give a special thanks to KEXP's Song of the Day Podcast for introducing me to this lovely indie band and many other songs I am so fond of. Mom, you too. She bought the album for me and when we found out we both loved this band we talked and talked about it.Yes, thank you both!
Now go out and have a listen!

www.subpop.com/artists/the_helio_sequence

4 comments:

  1. how awesome that you rock out with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do karaoke too! She is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl, thanks for all the nice comments on my blizzogs. you know innerspace yoga and i are one and the same, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL,I thought that may be so, but now, I know for sure. thanks. I am just showing some love, I adore your posts :)

    ReplyDelete